Friday, July 11, 2008

Tonight's Video: Sam Sparro

>

A friend was driving me to a 4th of July party and he asked if I wanted to hear a new song. I didn’t, but the question, thankfully, was rhetorical. When I first heard “Black and Gold” by Sam Sparro I immediately thought it reminded me of the first time I heard “Crazy” by Seal. Except Sam is a white gay guy from Australia living in L.A. He had been befriended by Chaka Khan, so I wasn’t 100% off base– and his dad, Chris Fallon, is a gospel minister and musician as well– who wrote a song for Queer Eye For the Straight Guy. Sam’s eponymous debut LP is out in the U.K. and went to #4. It’s coming out in the U.S. soon. “Black and Gold,” already a #2 smash in the U.K. was just released in the U.S. I like the official video but it’s protected from blogs so… here's one I made. I hope you enjoy it. (Not dedicated to Troy King.)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home